Some advice to be sure you follow:
- Wear a life jacket which complies to the CE EN393 or CE EN395 standards in all weather conditions.
- The weather is a crucial and highly variable factor when taking to the sea, therefore, check the weather forecast and the tide times, if necessary, before sailing.
- Protect yourself! Use equipment suitable for the weather conditions
In hot weather: anti-UV clothing, sunglasses (attached to the lifejacket or wetsuit), cap and sun cream.
In cold weather: thermal top, neoprene suit, anorak.
In all conditions, wear gloves and ankle booties or shoes but not boots.
- Sail in a group if at all possible, or inform somebody of where you are going and the latest time you expect to return. If possible take a mobile phone with you in a watertight pouch.
- Always take at least one bottle of water and several cereal bars with you.
- Have a floating tow rope on board that is attached to the boa
- Check that all the equipment is attached securely.
- Never abandon your craft. It will help to keep you afloat and can be spotted more easily.
- Keep an emergency paddle and bailer on board at all times.
- Return long before nightfall.
|The basics of maritime signalling|
|see all the Dinghy/Catamaran advice|
Navistan RAINCOASTAL W White - £24.99
Navistan raincoastal M Dk Blue - £24.99
Men's SV500 Top - £19.99
FUN SPOOL - £7.99