How to choose your wetsuit for surfing, bodyboarding, kitesurfing and stand up paddling
Your choice will depend on the temperature of the water and your use
CHOOSING YOUR WETSUIT BASED ON THE WATER TEMPERATURE
- Water below 15°C : neoprene 4/3mm to 5/3mm thick
- Water above 15°C : neoprene 3/2mm to 4/3mm thick
CHOOSING YOUR WETSUIT ACCORDING TO YOUR USE
SURFING & BODYBOARDING
Types of Neoprene Jersey
- Improved durability.
- Better resistance to abrasion
- Your arms and legs need more freedom of movement, so the neoprene is slightly thinner in these areas.
- Extra thickness is needed on the torso to improve thermal protection
WINDSURFING, KITESURFING and TOW SPORTS
Types of Neoprene Fine Mesh
- Rubbery appearance.
- Prevents chilling (feeling of cold caused by the wind blowing on wet fabric).
|How to choose your wetsuit for surfing, bodyboarding, kitesurfing and stand up paddling|
|Choosing the right flip flops|
|see all the Surf clothing advice advice|
SURF Cover max 7'6" - £44.99
Surf Wetsuit 900 4/3 mm FZ - £179.99
Small beach towel pink - £3.99
Basic medium briefs blue - £4.99